Security for events goes far beyond simply filling the venue with a large number of security personnel. The entire process is complex and requires coordination and a great deal of communication. By implementing the proper security procedures, you are ensuring that your guests and personnel are safe during the event. Additionally, you’ll stop destruction to the venue as well as the property and objects used for the event.
We at Cornerstone, an event security service in Vancouver are here to tell you what security measures you can take for your events to become a great hit:
- Assess Security Risks and Hire Best Security Guard Company
Concerning security, events of different types offer different levels of security requirements. For instance, an election speech could pose a greater danger than a first birthday celebration. The first step to do is evaluate the security risks associated with the event you are planning. Here are some essential points to take into consideration:
- Name the names of your event’s hosts. It could be an individual host or an entire number of hosts.
- Find out who is attending your event. Are they famous? Are they a source of controversy?
- Learn the background of the event’s context. Determine if the subject matter could create security issues for your event.
- Find out who is performing, speaking and exhibiting during the event. Do they have additional security?
- Think about the size of the crowd, as large groups can encourage agitators.
- Find out if the location has any security flaws. For example, outdoor venues are far more difficult to protect than indoor spaces with fewer escape avenues.
- Verify if the area is home to human-made security risks, such as flooding dangers within the space as well as a road nearby or roaming wild animals in the area.
- Keep Your Security Measures Visible
- Set Up Security Checkpoints
One of the best suggestions to ensure security at your event is not only hiring the best security guard company that protects the attendees from security risks. It is the aggressors to confront security personnel or even your registration personnel before they harm the event.
Therefore rather than putting your registration counter right in front of the doorway to the event, it is better to set it up at a distance of a few hundred feet from the venue’s entrance. By doing this, your security staff will quickly stop an unwanted guest from trying to get in and create chaos in the crowd.
- Reduce Crowd Density
If you’re organizing an event, it is vital to think about how many guests you are able to accommodate comfortably in the event space—in terms of security, reducing the number of people attending. Security concerns are most likely to happen in tightly packed, crowded, and crowded zones. The spread of your crowd and having trained security guards of Cornerstone who also provide secure transport solutions protect the entire event can help minimize some of the risks.
- Collect IDs During the Registration
It is essential to gather identity details or IDs before when guests sign up to make sure that they are a part of the event. Gathering multiple personal data details like address, name, date of birth, age, and so on can make it difficult for a trespasser or agitator to steal a person’s identity.
- Keep Private Events Private
Specific companies or organizations tend to publicize their events even though they aren’t accessible to the general public. They may also announce their events on their websites, newsletters, social media, or press conferences. However, informing the general public about a particular occasion can be dangerous for security concerns.
- Develop an Emergency Plan
The team of Cornerstone, a bodyguard services provider in Vancouver understands that every individual can have different security needs and that there can be multiple types of emergencies; hence we curate customizable plants to address issues right there and then.
If you are hiring a security service provider, ensure that they provide you with a wide range of services, including surveillance or secure transport solutions. Besides, the sole purpose of having an emergency plan is to create a hassle-free procedure that everyone follows in the event of an emergency, and the right security guard company should be able to curate one with you.
Security at events is now an essential aspect of the event. Even the best-planned events could be disastrous without solid security measures. It is vital to hire an event security company to ensure the safety of your guests’ safety and the attendees regardless of the event you’re planning to put on.
Cornerstone will provide you with the correct method and tips to help you prepare yourself and your team for the next event you attend or conduct. Contact us today by phone for more information about our services.